General InformationYou may now use the keyword search on this website to find stories back to April 2007. You will see a headline and preview. Subscribers with full print or digital subscriptions will be permitted to view the entire story. Non-subcribers and other subscription types will must subscribe or purchase a 24 hour pass to read full stories.
For stories published between November 28, 1995 and April 2007 please search the our Archive. Subscribers with full print or digital subscriptions have unlimited access to archived content. Non-subcribers and other subscription types may purchase archived content.
Another resource for archived stories and pages older than 1995 is the Burlington Public Library. You may view microfilm at no charge, but there is a fee for copies. You may also request an obituary search from the Library's Local History Request Form page. A fee may apply.
Searching InstructionsOn this site, you may use the Keyword search found at the top of the page. Below are some helpful search hints.
- Enter one or more unique words from the story. (Headlines of stories are not indexed.)
- Words less than four (4) characters are not indexed.
- Case is ignored. These are equal: "Burlington Iowa" and "burlington iowa" when searching.
- When searching with multiple keywords, a space between words indicates every word must be in the story.
- When searching with multiple keywords, using or between words indicates any of the words can be in the story.
Words shown in quotes entered into search box without quotes
- "mediapolis" returns over 18000 results.
- "football" returns over 20000 resutls.
- "mediapolis football" returns over 1400 results. (Both mediapolis AND football must be in the story.)
- "mediapolis or football" returns over 37000 results. (Either mediapolis OR football are in the story.)